ECLC Conference Call Mentoring Initiative
An ongoing goal of the ECLC is to provide mentoring opportunities that will foster the career development of the early career NHSN membership.
To achieve this goal, we have organized an initiative where graduate students, post-doctoral trainees, and/or assistant professors can receive individualized feedback during a one hour teleconference or videoconference with other senior level research scientist members.
Feedback can be provided on many topics including:
- Research project design
- Developing, focusing, and interpreting your research studies
- Implementation of various methods including quantitative, community-based, and basic research methods
- Preparing for the job market (interviews, negotiations, etc.)
- Dissertation defenses
- Grant applications
- Oral presentations (for courses, meetings, job talks, etc.)
- Establishing an independent laboratory
- Individualized consultation on career trajectory and tenure and promotion
For mentoring requests, please send your initiative request (including specific details about the project, including due dates) to Dr. Jennifer Reingle Gonzalez (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Betsy Giaimo email@example.com. Once this request has been received, the NHSN National Office will solicit the invitations and organize the participants on your behalf.
Topics discussed on the mentoring group calls must remain confidential unless all participants on the call agree to an outreach decision.